I’m writing a special post to all of you because it’s come to my attention that the most popular way to follow my blog (and many blogs) the Google Friend Connect widget is no longer going to be a viable option beginning March 2012. According to Google, Friend Connect is not a popular enough service to keep going and so beginning March 2012 they will be closing it down except to blogger blogs (and who knows how long they will keep it open for blogger).
I hate change for the most part. I cannot fathom why Google feels like Friend Connect is not popular, it seems to be on almost every blog I go to; but there’s nothing to do but get past the frustration and move on.
So from now on the best ways to follow me are:
- Follow via Google Reader Button – this option works just like GFC in that my posts will go to your Google Reader
- RSS Feed (this option allows you to choose the reader of your choice)
- Email Subscription – pretty self-explanatory, my posts will go into your email inbox
- NetworkedBlogs – Following this way means my posts will go into NB’s reader on FB
- Facebook Fan Page – by Liking my fan page you will have access to my posts (since my posts automatically go to my Fan page, this will not be as convenient for you though since you may have to search the page out, especially if you have many pages you Like)
In my opinion, the best ways to follow are either Follow via Google Reader, RSS Feed or Email; NetworkedBlogs is also a good way, the Fan page is handy but probably not the best way to keep up to date with what’s going on.
Please note, even if you already follow via GFC, you most likely WILL NOT receive posts after March 2012 unless you follow another way.
I really hope you all choose to continue following me, I wish this wasn’t a change that had to be made, but Google has left us no choice. I am more thankful than ever that I’ve left blogger for WordPress.
I know that March is a few months away, but I wanted to let all of my followers know before the deadline came so that there is time to make the change and get the word out. I thank all of you for your support, it has meant so much to me as a new blogger this year.
I hope you all will continue to follow me as I make my way into the future and all that it holds for all of us! Thank you so much for your patience as we work through is!
April @ My Shelf Confessions